By Grace Ashton
You’re taking a poetry writing class this semester! What are you going to write your first poem about?
- I find it a little limiting to choose a “topic”. I instead focus on conveying abstract concepts through equally abstract language.
- A cherished memory of home.
- How it feels to take off your shoes and dance in the dirt.
- I’m not sure, but I’ll give it a few tries to see what works.
The Black Cat formal is coming up! What are you wearing?
- Something simple, comfortable, and utterly memorable.
- A suit
- A thrifted outfit I picked out with friends
- Who cares? I’ll wear anything as long as I can dance the night away.
You’ve just failed a math test! What are you going to do?
- I’m in a study group with my other classmates, so we’ll figure it out together.
- I’ll study harder for the next test.
- Let it go- is it really that important?
- I’m going to work hard, but in the end it’s not the most important thing.
You find out your roommate has been stealing your Capri-Suns from the minifridge! What do you do?
- Take a deep breath and talk through the issue calmly
- Tell them clearly that it’s not ok
- Criticize them for creating more plastic waste
- Buy more Capri-Suns so that there’s enough for both of us
A friend has confided in you about a crush! What advice would you give them?
- Relax, see where it goes, and be open
- Communicate clearly
- Appreciate the magic of these feelings
- Have fun
You’re the chapel garden statue! Veiled in mystery,
no one can quite figure you out. Despite this, you have a comforting
presence that others love to
You’re Robert Frost! While you might catch people off guard at first glance, you have so much more to offer
than a jump scare. You might also have a tendency to feel a little out of place, like a Vermont poet welded to a bench in Georgia.
You’re the alumnae house statue! You have a deep connection to
nature and love to get your hands dirty. You also might have an interest in nature-based
spiritual practices, especially ones that link you to divine femininity.
You’re Ramona! Cheerful and a friend to all, you are loved
by all who know you. What you lack in refinement you make up for in heart.